Cricket has been an established team sport for hundreds of years and is one of the most popular sports in the world. It originated in England and is now very popular in countries such as India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, the West Indies and South Africa. Competitive cricket is essentially a bat and ball sport. It is played by two teams on an oval and involves batting, fielding and bowling. There are 11 players a side and a game can last anywhere from several hours to several days. Cricket can be played both socially and competitively, by males and females of all ages. While competitive cricket is mostly played on a field, cricket just for fun can be played in backyards, parks, streets or on the beach.
- Length of Pitch - 22 yards (20.11 meters)
- Length of Crease - 1.22 - 1.83 meters (4 ft)
- Weight of Ball - 155 to 163 gram
- Circumference of the Ball - 22.4-22.9 cm (9 inch)
- Lenght of Bat - 96.5 cm (38 inch)
- Width of Bat - 10.8 cm (4.25 inch)
- Length of the Stumps - 71.1 cm (28 inch)
- Length of Bells - 11.1 cm (each bail)
KCT Cricket Laws:
- In 1788, the first official laws of cricket were written, and terms like middle stump and lbw were coined. The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) was the first cricket team, and they played on the Lord’s field in England. In 1793, the first recorded game of cricket was played at the Lord’s ground.
- International games, or professional cricket matches, played by one country against another country; have been happening since 1844. Cricket was introduced to North America by the English colonies. The British India Company’s invasion over India had brought cricket to India and its neighboring countries.
Cricket is a sport that has been tracked back to the early 16th century and has been a popular ever since. The pinnacle of the international game comes in the form of the Cricket World Cup. Other major events include the T20 World Cup, Test Series and One Day series. Each country runs a host of domestic competitions all highly competitive.
"Wicket" refers to the small gates used on cricket playing grounds. Cricket bats weigh anywhere from 2 to 3 pounds and the balls are made of layered cork wrapped tightly with string and covered by an outer layer of leather. Men’s cricket balls weigh about 5 1/2 ounces. Bats and balls used by women and youth cricketers are smaller and lighter.
Playing competitive cricket
There are over 1,000 cricket clubs and more than 100,000 registered cricketers in Victoria. So playing competitive cricket Kota Chambal Tiger Results is a popular way to keep fit and have fun.
Before they decide whether competitive cricket is right, remember that:
- Cricket is a team sport. It’s important for some company and for communicating with others.
- Cricket clubs will mostly hold matches on the weekends, both Saturdays and Sundays.
- Playing competitive cricket usually involves committing to regular matches or practice sessions.
- Umpiring and scoring are other ways to become actively involved in competitive cricket.